1. Furniture going green. Green furniture has always been available, but now it seems to be going mainstream.
2. Furniture with a smaller profile. Since our living spaces are shrinking, this decade has seen furniture with a smaller profile.
3. Multifunctional Furniture. When space is at a premium, you need furniture that can perform multiple tasks.
4. Technology Driven Furniture Design. The use of modern technology has determined furniture design as well. It is most apparent in the design of entertainment centers.
5. Popularity of Vintage Furniture. Vintage furniture has really come into it’s own. Vintage furniture is green on many counts.
6. Globally Inspired Furniture. The globe seems to be shrinking, and other cultures no longer seem as distant. The idea of bringing the world to our homes is catching on.
7. The Growing Importance Outdoor Furniture. Casual furniture or outdoor furniture has made leaps and bounds in the last decade or more.
8. Custom-made Furniture. Customization of furniture seems to be a trend that continues to develop and evolve.
9. Specialty Sleep Surfaces. An interest in specialty sleep surfaces began with waterbeds and has grown and developed over the years.
10. Leather Furniture. Leather furniture has a newfound popularity because now it comes in different shapes and colors.